Thursday, June 23, 2011

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

Of course, times flies when you're having fun -- but why do our babies grow up so fast? Apparently we're having fun with them. Last night, Michael had put Jeremiah in bed for a nap earlier in the evening but about 30 minutes later he woke up - crying; which usually means he won't go back to sleep by himself or even if we give him his pacifier. Michael goes up there to get him and by the time he gets down the stairs Jeremiah was back asleep on his shoulders. Michael mentioned that Jeremiah should have just stayed asleep in his bed if he was still tired. I replied with, "You better enjoy those moments now; because soon we won't have those again." The next thing I see is Michael getting all comfy with Jeremiah in his recliner.



It's hard to believe that my baby boy is over 9 months old. Seriously...didn't I just bring him home from the hospital like yesterday? I have no idea where the time has gone or where it's going, but I would really appreciate to stay still for a couple of weeks...just weeks; that's all I'm asking for?! I remember the first day we brought him home from the hospital and how overwhelmed I was with the thoughts of becoming a new Mommy. Now I'm overwhelmed with the reality that he's growing up way to fast for this mommy. Don't get me wrong I love the fact that he's growing up to be this hilarious child (like his mommy...I might add!) that has Michael and I laughing our hineys off everyday; but in the same time he's growing up way too fast in front of our eyes. I'm beginning to get scared to close my eyes thinking the next morning instead of hearing the baby language he has going on now I'm going to hear, "Mom, I'm 18 years old...is it really necessary for the crib and baby monitor?"


Mommy's 1st touch -- minutes old.
As I type this he is on the verge of crawling, actually crawling -- not the army crawling that he has been doing for a few weeks. I will admit that before the army crawling, he was just rolling everywhere --- we nicknamed him as the "rolling king." Oh how I wished for him to crawl -- is it too late to take back my wishes? Probably, darn! The saying "be careful for what you wish for" is true. This past week has really shown me that my "baby" is about to turn into a 1 year old in about 3 short months. I don't even want to think about him being an one year old. I would be totally okay with him staying this age (because first of all, he's hilarious!) forever. Yes, that's my new wish -- forget him crawling!
Loves swimming
Like I stated earlier in this post, his personality is coming out more and more every day. He keeps Michael and I laughing all the time. His facial expressions, his random but perfect timing "yea!"s, his scrunchy face, his looks that he gives when we tell him it's a "no-no!" --- EVERYTHING he does is hilarious to us. (Yes, us laughing at him now might kick us in the booty later; but goodness -- let me enjoy my baby!) Michael and I keep telling ourselves that we are in trouble with him, but just because he's so crazy.

No texting while you drive, Jeremiah -- oh & hello, you're 9 months...so neither! k, thanks!
I wouldn't change one thing about him. He's perfect and if I may so myself, the cutest little boy I have EVER seen. He looks just like me...(hence the reason why he's so dang cute!) but there are times when I see Michael -- with his facial expressions, *ahem* attitude (hehe!), and most importantly, those toes...oh me gee, he has his Daddy's feet. He grabs things with his toes already -- it's hilarious! Yesterday Michael bought him an outfit that says, "Cute like Mom; Smelly like Dad." That saying couldn't be any more true -- Michael says it's not; but then I asked him, "Then why did you buy it?" He didn't have a come-back, which means I win. Ashlee-1 Michael-0.
Seriously, who wouldn't love this baby?
I love this little boy more than I ever thought I would be able to. That love grows more and more as the days pass by. I sometimes find myself feeling sad that there WERE people in our lives that will never be able to meet this perfect angel and enjoy his craziness like we do on a daily basis; but in reality, I feel sorry for them. They are definitely missing out for sure. But believe me he's not going unloved, that's for sure! : ) What makes me really sad are the people that Michael and I would have loved Jeremiah to meet such as my Mimi, Michael's Grandpa Strange and Granny Strange. These three people are dear to our hearts, but I know they are watching over our baby with smiling faces.

This child LOVES water.

Goodness Gracious, I love this boy and his smile.

Life is too short and especially when you have children.

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't it seem like you can't love him anymore, but then as time passes, you find yourself loving more and more things about him? it was amazing to me the first time and just as amazing the second time. i wish i could slow down time, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Michaela - totally, so very true! It's amazing to me that I could possibly love him this much & much, much more as the time goes by! Oh if time could slow down that would be fantastic. I feel sometimes that I'm going to miss something or I'm not going to have my camera ready and I'm going to miss a picture perfect opportunity.

    ReplyDelete