Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Husband, His Daddy

Before Michael & I were even an "item," we had talked about kids. (Or before people knew we were an "item" I should say.) We would imagine the day we had kids, but never in a million years did I think it was going to be this great. I always knew Michael would be a great father, but he's an amazing father to Jeremiah. Every time I see him interact with Jeremiah my heart melts. Like I have stated in a past post, Jeremiah wasn't able to stay the night with us while we were in the hospital but the minute that door opened and they rolled Jeremiah in Michael was the first one to jump up and let everyone know, "He's here!" Then when he would look at Jeremiah in the bed always, every single time he would say, "He's the most precious baby I have ever seen." (Coming from the guy that has said, "Every baby looks the same. My nieces looked like...babies.") He know will admit that our son was the most precious thing EVER. : )


Michael's first time holding Jeremiah
Michael made Mother's Day SUPER special for me. So, for Father's Day I wanted to make it SUPER special for him. I had these great plans planned out, but for various reasons -- mainly it's so stinkin' hot to go fishin' -- I changed the plans. Michael doesn't care what we do, as long as he is with Jeremiah and myself -- he's happy and satisfied. I decided that we would go swimming and I would take him out to dinner also. He was perfectly happy with that. We went swimming and let me tell you, Jeremiah is happy in the water. He loves it.

Jeremiah & Daddy.

Jeremiah loves to splash Daddy -- it's fun! Of course.

& Mommy gets the kisses. <3

We had a great time at the pool -- Jeremiah got fussy, so we let him nap while we got ready for dinner. If you know my husband, he has TONS of CDs but he LOVES his CDs. So Jeremiah and Mommy got Daddy 6 CDs and a movie. He was so excited...like a child in a candy store, seriously! Which made me smile -- he ALWAYS puts Jeremiah and myself first and I was able to put him first (with him allowing me too! Believe me I try to do it more often but he doesn't allow me!) and he enjoyed EVERY minute of it. But the best of it all, was I actually surprised him with a super special gift that he didn't know was coming.

Before I tell you what that gift was, you need some "background." I will make this short and sweet -- we haven't spoke to Michael's father or step-mother in over 3 years for many reasons, that I don't care to discuss at this time. (Happy blog remains a happy blog!) Anyways, last Friday we were looking through his Uncle Kenny's profile pictures and we came across a picture of his Granny Strange that made him made me stop so he could tell me that when he lived with his father in high school they had this picture and he was always hoping to get a copy of that picture, but with the situation we are in he probably would never get one. Well, my mind started to race and thinking...so I contacted a few people and I finally got a reply that she would email me a copy the next day. I received the email Sunday and immediately sent it to the one-hour at Wal-Mart. Since Michael works on Sundays now (eww!) Jeremiah and I went to Houston to meet my parents for dinner to see my dad for Father's Day -- so my plan was to stop by on our way back into town to pick the picture up and get a frame for him. And that's exactly what I did. Oh the look on his face -- was priceless. He told me, "thank you," a few times and just starred at the picture. It is now on our mantle by my Mimi's photo -- it will be hung in our hallway at the new house when we move. Which makes Michael very happy.


His reaction to the framed picture


The picture I had framed -- Grandpa Strange & Granny Strange

I hope that I was able to make Michael feel special on his 1st Father's Day. I'm a lucky girl to have an amazing husband that works so hard for his family and loves his son and wife unconditionally and more than anyone on this Earth. I'm a blessed little lady and my son is blessed to have a daddy that loves him with his whole heart. In his eyes, his father isn't the father "figure" that he wanted for his son, and I will say that he is NOTHING like his father. He is an important part of my life and will always -- I love him with all of my heart.

Happy Father's Day, Michael --- I love you very much & thank you for being such an amazing father to our son & an amazing husband to me.


We love you, Daddy!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment