Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Five Times the Love

Not many people can say that they have 4 much less than 5 generations in their family still living. I have been blessed to be able to be apart of 5 generations.

Last March, my precious family took a trip to Georgia, where my sister is now living with her husband, Brett due to him being stationed there with the Airforce and the rest of my mom's family that aren't in Texas. I was so stinkin' nervous about flying with Jeremiah...well, okay - I won't lie I was scared for me too. I love flying, don't get me wrong....once we get in the air without the bumps. I don't do the bumps -- and I wasn't notified that the plane was one of the smallest ones they had...which means -- extra bumps! The night before we were leaving Jeremiah had his first ER trip(Tuesday). We were at the ER until 2am, and had to wake up at 4:30am to make sure we were on the road by 5am.



1st ER trip...
 We panic when it comes to something like something important to do and we must be on-time or else something bad will happen...okay, fine -- I do. Michael is a cool cucumber(an on-time cool cucumber) but me on the other hand - ALWAYS late. This past weekend I was 15 minutes early meeting my family in Houston and I was the first one there. We all were shocked. So we got 2 hours of sleep and were on the road at 5am -- along with A LOT of energy drinks for Michael to drive. I was in the back seat with Jeremiah...sleeping, I mean making sure Jeremiah was okay. (Yes, we were those international families you see.) We were about an hour early for the flight and Michael got to eat breakfast...I on the other hand, was too stressed/worried/scared to eat anything. Michael actually was nice enough to bring me donuts, but I had him throw them away because the smell grossed me out.

We finally boarded and surprisingly the flight was great. Jeremiah slept the whole time, seriously! He woke up right when we landed to Georgia. Stevee and Brett came to pick us up; but little did we know that day/night was the only normal day/night we would have until Saturday, unfortunately. 
Sleeping during the flight -- what a blessing!

He was sleeping while we were waiting for Uncle Bett & Aunt Vee : )

Reunited with Aunt Vee and finally got to meet Uncle Bett : )

We had a very sick few days -- not kidding. Jeremiah was sick, I got sick & Aunt Vee got sick -- we were pitiful. Between all of us -- we had her washer/dryer continuously going. I believe Brett stated that we washed one blanket about 25 times -- I don't think he was kidding, but who had the time to count? I surely didn't -- I was cleaning up my son & making sure I made it to the bathroom in time. In reality though, I was just happy to be with my sister and her husband -- I didn't care if we were talking through the doors making sure everyone was okay -- or watching Brett gag at the door when we were bathing Jeremiah from a NASTY diaper. We had HILARIOUS moments -- some we will not state here; but I will say that my husband and my sister have a very interesting relationship. ; )

In the midst of all of the craziness that started the night we left, we ended this trip with an event that most people aren't able to do.  By the Grace of God, we were ALL better by Saturday to take pictures that would be special to so many people: Granny(my great grandmother/Jeremiah's Great-Great Grandmother), Nana(my grandmother/Jeremiah's Great Grandmother), Granna(my Mom/Jeremiah's Granna), Myself...and most importantly Jeremiah which equals the 5 generations. My sister was in the picture representing the 4th generation twice. We were sitting in our pose position and my Granny looks at Stevee and says, "what are you doing here?" Oh we all laughed. She's a funny woman.

5 Generations -- not the professional picture.

Looking at the picture above, makes me see all the amazing women in my life -- those ladies & boy, of course -- are the reason I'm the woman I am today. And I'm blessed that I was able to be apart of something that will always be meaningful for years to come. I have some very special people in my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. Love those ladies & that boy with all of my heart.

We always got a family picture of my boys and myself -- it's not a good quality one since it's a picture taken from my phone of the picture -- but it will be proudly hung up in my new home. 
My family in March 2011


I will hold both of these pictures close to my heart forever and always. I am one lucky, blessed girl, that's for sure. These pictures show off the people that I love the most and that love me the most -- what more could a girl want?

 Five times the love. <3




No comments:

Post a Comment