Tuesday, July 26, 2011

What a Whirlwind - Part II

After finding out that we were moving to Beaumont, TX; we immediately started looking at houses to rent. We really weren't thinking of buying a house, because well -- quite frankly, this was happening so fast, I didn't have time to think of the other option of buying a house. Renting was the only thing in my mind. I found a couple of homes that would have been "okay" and a few houses that were perfect, but were in a "not so good of a town or part of town." That's when we started to discuss of the possibility of buying a house. We were just throwing ideas out and about; and really got serious when my mom started to talk about it, and really calmed our minds about it being way out of our price range. She/We contacted a realtor, my mom's realtor, and she also helped to calm our minds and told us what we should stay around for price range and our monthly mortgage would be in our price range. And so the hunting began...but we contacted a lady to see if we could get pre-approved, but she really didn't give us the best of outlook. So we really thought we were done. We were going to rent...until my Aunt Breezy heard we were wanting to buy, so she said to give her our information and she would see what her bank could do for us....

We kept this a COMPLETE secret except for my parents that are the ones that drove around looking at houses. And of course, my Aunt Breezy. We were pre-approved last week...remember when I mentioned Michael saying that it's weird how everything worked out last post about Beaumont...well, in the midst of waiting to be pre-approved my parents had a found an adorable house that they saw the beginning of the week for us. They fell in love with house for us, and I fell in love with the pictures I saw. We immediately sat down and talked about our options. We hadn't for sure heard back from the bank, until Wednesday, I believe. Michael left Thursday evening and went to spend the night with my parents to see the house early Friday morning....our plan was if he liked it then when we put in an offer and after a weekend in Austin with my sister, Brett, and family we would make the drive to Beaumont to spend the night so I could see the house Monday and hopefully sign some papers. Hilarious, because our plan was exactly what we did. We made an offer Friday morning by the time Michael got home the sellers came back with a counter and about 30 minutes later Michael and I accepted it. We had an amazing weekend in Austin (More about this in a later post along with pictures!), and yesterday we signed the papers.

It was the first time I saw the house in person, and I fell in love with it all over again. I can't wait until it's official -- and to make it our own! We had the inspection today -- should get the report tomorrow or Thursday. This is an exciting time in our lives. We couldn't be any more happier. The remark, "That's a change in events!" was made when I told the big news to family via texts, and my response was, "Not to us...it's exactly what we've been planning for a week now." If it's meant to be....it will work out like a plan.



Our First Home


No comments:

Post a Comment