Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Ending Happy

Obviously, I haven't posted one in awhile -- but that's what happens when you have an adorable little boy that keeps you on your toes. But I had to post tonight -- so much on my mind tonight; maybe that's why I have a headache; hopefully it'll go away when I'm done posting. ; ) This post will be of random things -- RANDOM.

I didn't follow the Casey Anthony case as much as I would have loved to. With that being said, I wish I could have watched every single trial, and made my "assumptions" by that, but I have been "following" it by what I read on FoxNews.com or other resources...and this is what I've come up with --- she's guilty. I was able to watch the reading of the verdict yesterday -- and it brought me to tears & then I was filled with anger. How in the world is a woman able to walk from murdering her precious little girl? Three years ago, when this all started, I wasn't a parent -- but my heart still ached for that little, precious baby girl...and now, that I am a Mommy myself --- my heart is breaking for that precious baby girl. Yesterday after watching the verdict being read, I had to go back to work, which some of the ladies were talking about it and I definitely put my two cents in (if you know me, this should have been a given) and thankfully they thought the same. Oh, I was upset the rest of the day. I couldn't believe it -- why does this affect me in this way? I only have 4 words to answer that. I.AM.A.MOMMY. That's why. Last night, while putting my baby boy to sleep, I teared up because it's ashamed that baby girl was murdered and "no one" knows EXACTLY what happened. For some reason, I was thinking listening to the verdict was closure -- I was totally wrong. Instead of closing the case, it's wide open still. I held my baby boy tight, and kept telling him that I loved him....something that that little girl will never hear again. Oh my heart is aching. Today while on my lunch, I was watching "The View" and of course they were talking about, and all the ladies were in agreement; that they were hoping for a "guilty" verdict. And one of the ladies read a part of the family's statement after the verdict and it basically said, we don't know what happened to Caylee, but we have closure. WHAAATT?? How in the world do you have closure but still don't know what happened to Caylee -- (even though I believe they DO know what happened!). That's has been bugging me all day. And how does the family have closure, when I (not related in any form or fashion) have absolutely NO closure and when the rest of the world has no closure. It amazes me.

On to another subject -- I'm going to end this blog in a happy note -- if I can. As we all know this past weekend was Fourth of July -- and it was my little man's first Fourth of July. Oh this weekend was perfect -- exactly how I would have wanted it to be. I spent it with the people I love the most. On Saturday, Michael decided he didn't really want to go to the beach, so we decided to hang out at the pool for the day and get BBQ. BEST.IDEA.EVER. Oh it was so much fun and delicious! We spent about two hours at the pool Saturday and I have a nice summer tan to show for it. On Sunday, Michael had to work, so my parents came down and we spent another two hours at the pool -- amazing tan! It was a lot of fun! THEN on Monday, we spend another 2 hours at the pool -- that one kind of ruined my summer tan -- I got a little red, but it's turning into a nice sun tan! ; ) We tried to end the day with the "laser show" they were having at the George Bush Library, but wasn't notified that you wouldn't be able to see anything if you don't park in the parking lot..haha! So we definitely got out to 2818 parked on the side of the road, along with LOTS of other people that weren't notified, and fed Jeremiah in the back of Michael's truck and then waited for a few minutes. Jeremiah thought he was too cool standing up on the side watching the cars go by...and then we packed up and went home. HA!

My family -- Fourth of July!

In the midst of everything -- I started packing...okay, okay fine -- I only have one box started, but hey it's a start. ; ) We're getting really excited about moving into our new home...oh we need the space, for sure! AAANNDD, I started contemplating Jeremiah's 1st birthday party plans...oh I feel tears coming with just saying that. Geeze, it's almost a year since I had my baby -- wow where has the time gone!?

And for the record, I still have my headache.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about the trial. I look at Rafi's sweet face and it just breaks my heart into a million pieces to think someone could hurt something so precious. :(

    ReplyDelete