Tuesday, July 19, 2011

If It's Meant To Be

The subject of the mass  e-mail Michael & I typed up Friday night was titled, "What a Whirlwind." That's exactly how these past few days have felt like to. Once I started feeling like everything was in place, right where it needed to be -- God comes up & stays, "just kidding." Ha! For a while now, since before Jeremiah was born, Michael & I have discussed moving back closer to my family for various reasons. But never were given or even saw an opportunity to get closer. My parents have always joked around that there was a Pepsi office in Beaumont..but we would always laugh it up.

Michael came home on Wednesday and made the comment, "If we're serious about moving closer to your family like to Beaumont, I might have the answer." My ears perked, but didn't think it would get serious enough, since we signed a lease on a new place in Bryan in March. We talked...and talked...and talked about all of our options. I basically left the conversation with, "If you feel this is the best for our family, then let's take the next step. I'll back you 100%." The next day, Michael came home and informed me that he spoke to his boss about the possible transfer and said that he would contact the Beaumont office, and "If you're serious about this, then I can have you over there for sure." I was shocked...I didn't know how to feel. I cried, not that I didn't want to move, but because this all happened in the time frame of 2 days and basically we were moving...

I e-mailed our realtor that helped us sign the lease on the new duplex to ask him what we would need to do. He told me that we would be responsible for our lease until they found someone to lease it to. That is the only risk we're taking with moving to Beaumont. EVERYTHING else has fallen into place. After Michael's meeting with his boss' yesterday we were talking on the phone and basically saying our final "yes" to this whole moving business, and I was telling him what I had found out, and he said, "How is everything falling into place? This usually doesn't happen like this for me." My reply was, "Yes it does, if it's meant to be."

I'm nervous about this whole uprooting my family to Beaumont thing, but I know deep down it's for the best. The positives outlay the negatives...and what are the negatives you ask? Our friends here, driving by Texas A&M everyday...It'll be hard to leave our friends, but we'll be back to visit & of course, to go to AGGIE FOOTBALL games! : )

We're excited, and eager to start this new life chapter in our lives. We're going to be busy these next couple of months, and no plans are being made because we still don't have dates set in stone. Jeremiah and I will be moving to Beaumont first, and Michael will follow when he can in about 2-3 months. Until he's completely in Beaumont working, weekends will be filled with visiting Daddy & Daddy coming to Beaumont to visit. Those weekends are going to be crucial for us & especially for Jeremiah. We're not sure but hoping we can still have Jeremiah's party like planned, but we're not making those plans until we have more answers. A lot is still up in the air, except for the fact...we're moving to Beaumont!

No comments:

Post a Comment