Friday, August 5, 2011

It takes "A Special Place"

Working in a daycare for almost 2 years, I knew exactly what I wanted in a daycare and what I did NOT want in a daycare. Michael and I went one Friday afternoon and toured four daycares. I left two of them crying, saying "I don't think so!", one of them was totally out of the question when I saw one of the teachers use to work for the daycare I worked at, but the last one...ohman, the last one I left saying, "I can see myself leaving Jeremiah there and feeling comfortable with it." I went in a couple more of times, surprise visits and all were at different times of the day. I made a deposit; never saw anything I didn't like and every time I was there Sandi(the director) was very welcoming and allowed me to walk around.

January 12th came way too fast for me, it was the first day of daycare for my little four month old. The night before I cried myself to sleep; not because of the place I was leaving him, but because I HAD to leave my baby boy for the first time. I cried getting ready that morning, and hugged him so tightly after I got him changed and dressed and whispered in his ears, "It's going to be alright...don't be mad at Mommy." I called Michael when I was leaving the house and he knew that it was best for him to meet me there to help me transition. Oh the teachers - specifically, Kristi, Desi, Sarah/director - Sandi/owner - Almira didn't know what was about to hit them...I was a wreck, a COMPLETE mess. I bawled handing him to them, but I knew...my Mommy's instincts weren't lurky...it was just Mommy didn't want to leave him. I remember looking into his room one last time before walking out of the door and Mrs. Desi handed me the whole box of tissues...."Here you go." Oh she is a sweety! (I only took like 5!)

Today was basically same thing, instead I was picking him for the last time from A Special Place. Today was his last day there. It takes special people to take care of babies all day long, and let me tell you...those people are amazing and special all in one. Over the past few months, Jeremiah has been titled "one of the favorites." It's good to hear good things about your baby no matter how he acts at home. ; ) He was spoiled at daycare, and he loved each one of those girls to death! Every morning to drop off, he had a smile on his face and kicking legs with his arms going nuts. That right there made me feel great about leaving him every morning. Funny Story -- We donated his jumper to them and Michael dropped it off this past Monday. Jeremiah went with him and Mrs. Kristi held him while Michael unloaded it, well when it was time for them to leave....Jeremiah didn't want to go back to Michael. Michael told me that it didn't make him feel good, I said every time he did that to me it made me feel great. He looked puzzled, then I replied with "That's how you know he loves the people that takes care of him and he's been take care of well!"

We got home and I held him again saying, "It's going to be alright...don't be mad at Mommy." I know this move is for the best, I really do and I'm excited but we're not talking about finding care for my pet fish, this is my child, my sweet baby boy. I pray that I find a place as great as A Special Place in Beaumont. This move would be PERFECT if they could come with, but after begging them for the past few weeks....I know it's not going to happen. : )

It's takes "A Special Place" to take care of my baby...and we definitely found it!

No comments:

Post a Comment