Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Will the whirlwind I call life ever calm down?

Seriously, since we found out that we were moving life hasn't slowed down at all. We got all of our stuff moved into our storage unit here in Beaumont. It took a lot of friends and family to get it done, but we did it. The first week of us being here was rough. Michael only has his usual Sunday/Monday off. Needless to say, we only get about two days with him out of the whole week; talk about ROUGH!

The first week was rough in so many ways. Jeremiah had me find a pediatrician way to fast and without a "meet and greet." He came down with a 103 fever, where my mom and I had to give him a cold bath to help break the fever. We finally thought that we got him on the road of recovery, after two doctor's appointment and two different antibiotics. (Later you will find out we definitely weren't on the road to recovery!) I had taken a week off in between my last day at Dunlap Financial Services in College Station, to my first day at my new job here in Beaumont. Thank goodness I did, because that was when I was running around Beaumont getting medications and doctor's appointments. It wasn't a "vacation" by no means.

Michael came back Saturday to stay the weekend with us, which was great. We enjoyed the time together and now more than ever. The weekend did go by way too fast for my liking, but reality sat in when he left Monday evening and tears poured out. I cried like a baby, especially when Jeremiah started saying, "bye-bye da-da!" Oh it was horrible. I started my new job Monday - which orientation took place until Tuesday. Wednesday I started the real training process and I had a feeling that I would love the job. After three days, I had a great feeling about it. Jeremiah started his "new" daycare Tuesday, I had some weird feelings throughout the week, but it came to another new level Friday when I left bawling my eyes out. I was so upset called his first daycare in College Station begging them to come to Beaumont. I miss A Special Place so much and this move would be PERFECT to every extent, if A Special Place was here in Beaumont. But that can't happen, and I realize that, but it's my job to find a daycare for my little man that works best for all of us. I have found a new daycare that he will start next Monday. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about this new daycare. Let's pray that this is the last time I have to pay a registration fee, here in Beaumont Texas for a daycare.

The weekend came and in the midst of getting excited about Michael coming to visit again, Jeremiah started throwing up randomly and didn't stop until last night. We had a great weekend though, we went to a local waterpark Saturday and Sunday and we had a blast! Jeremiah LOVED the waterpark. Daddy had to leave once again yesterday; and I hated it just like I did last weekend. It's our life, though for right now. And all I can do is pray that God helps Michael, Jeremiah and myself through this rough time and makes us all stronger in the end. I also had to miss work today (which I HATE to do) because Jeremiah wasn't able to keep anything down last night and come to find out his double ear infections weren't gone, and he now has fluid build up behind his eardrum which is causing him to throw up. He's on a three-day antibiotic shot that is administer at the doctor office every morning, oh it's horrible! If this doesn't take care of it this time, we will need to see an ENT in two weeks for further treatment. I'm praying these shots work the magic it's suppose to but if not, I believe that it'll work out in the end for us.

On to good news! We are stilling in the process on buying our first house; we're waiting for the appraisal report to come in and then we'll take the next step. They have already done some repairs on it that were in contract and we're really happy with the work that has been done. We're really excited about closing this chapter of our lives and starting a new one in our home. I can't wait to have our home to ourselves, and to have Daddy with us for good.
Jeremiah and I are enjoying living with Granna and Granpuh while we wait on the house. It definitely helps since Michael isn't with us, so it isn't lonely...Jeremiah LOVES seeing Granna and Granpuh every day for sure! He's knowing his boundaries...well, he found out the boundaries with them aren't that tight...and with Mommy and Daddy he definitely has boundaries.

With everything I have said in this blog, I love seeing Jeremiah bond with Granna and Granpuh but I can't wait to have my little family together in the same house...and most importantly, in our first home! This move is what was needed for our family, but at times it's tough to see it when my baby is sick, when we're having problems with the daycare only after one week, and when I'm not with my husband all the time and Jeremiah clearly misses his Daddy...but like I keep saying, "it's for the best!"

Just pray that this new daycare is the ONE, my husband is able to move down here for good, and we get to move into our new home soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment