Monday, April 11, 2011

The joys of pregnancy

Michael and I had always talked about having kids. Not sure what happened but in August of 09 I was itching to get pregnant. Looking at pregnant women, would make me rub my belly in hopes that that would be me in the next month. We had been trying since September and with every month that passed my heart would sink. It felt like it was never going to happen. We knew it would happen when the time was right, but if you know me; well you know that I'm very INpatient. December was upon us and we were busy - really busy. We had our 3rd year wedding anniversary that we celebrated in the midst of finals and I graduated from A&M, also. I honestly thought if we didn't get pregnant in October or November -- there was NO chance we were getting pregnant in December. New Years came - we celebrated at the New Year's Bash with The SourMash Band, my Uncle Gerald's band. And did the whole fireworks thing, too!
Pictures from New Years'



We had a great time, but reality started right back up on Monday, January 4th. I went to work like normal - it wasn't until about 1 o'clock that the smell of french fries made me run to the bathroom. I immediately called Michael and said to bring home a test "just in case." He said, "You really think that's it?" I replied, "Hmm, I love french fries...I eat french fries, they usually don't make me feel like I have to vomit when I smell them. Yes, it could be a possibility." We didn't get "too" excited, because we didn't want to be disappointed like we had been for the past 3 months. I didn't even tell my mom that I was thinking I could be pregnant. I was basically going to take the test, just confirm that I wasn't. We both got home about the same time. I held my bladder until I got home, so I could take it right when I got the test in my hand. So I went upstairs and took the test. Laid it on the counter, turned off the light and left the room. Don't get me wrong, I walked back and forth for the next 5 minutes. I didn't tell Michael when I went back in there to check it....I walked in got right in front of the counter, and turned on the light. I looked down and couldn't believe what I saw. I had to look at it a couple of times and read the instructions about 5 times to make sure that 2 lines meant Positive. I walked to the stairs & screamed, "Hmmm, Miiichael!" He came to the bottom of the stairs & before he could get the word "what" out of his mouth he saw my smile & said, "Are we pregnant?" It was the best feeling in the world to be able to say, "Yes!" He ran up the stairs to look at the stick...to make sure it really had two lines. He looked at the stick & immediately said, "Go pee on another one to make sure." I just cracked up laughing. I said, "I don't have to pee anymore. I'm calling my mom." We sat on our bed and I told all of my family and once we were done calling my family; he called his. My mom is was super thrilled & so was the rest of my family; you could hear the excitement in their voices. It definitely made Michael & I smile even more. It was great! After we called everyone, Michael looked at me and asked, "You have to pee again?" I laughed and said, "no." I did end up taking one more before bed and it also came out positive and then I took one early in the morning and called Michael. Right when he answered I said, "3 out of 3 okay with you?" He said, "yep!" : ) We were on cloud 9.

The next four months were ROUGH. I was sicker than a dog and basically lived in our bathroom. It was miserable. Michael did an amazing job taking care of me. I wasn't able to hold that much in, everything I ate I was in the bathroom shortly after. Our first OB appointment was January 25th, it was to confirm the pregnancy and for an ultrasound. We found out that my due date was September & what was crazy is that my due date with Jeremiah was the same due date that my mom had with me. It probably was one of my favorite appointments. My heart melted when I first saw my little boy on the screen. It definitely made all of the sickness that I was going through and all the sickness I knew was still coming totally worth it. The face on Michael's face when he looked around to see was priceless. I absolutely LOVED being able to go through that with him right beside me. He pointed out the heartbeat in the ultrasound, it was sweet...even though he interrupted the midwife while she was talking! : ) From the beginning I had a feeling that it was a boy -- I can't explain it, but I knew I was carrying a boy.


*Our first ultrasound*

We made it through the first trimester and on April 6th, we found out that our baby was a boy. Of course, my husband also pointed out our son's area and confirmed it was boy before the tech was to that point. : ) I looked at him and said, "Hush, you have no idea what you're looking at!" He said, "I kinda do...I got boy parts." The tech and I just laughed. And she then confirmed that it was for sure a boy. We then brought my mom & nana into the room. I asked, "Would you like to know the name?" They were both shocked that we already knew, & of course, both of them said, "YES!" I told them that the baby's name was, "Jeremiah Kurt Strange." They both jumped up and down and we all hugged. We all had the biggest smiles on our face. It was perfect. I actually told them that Michael was smiling from ear to ear, & I thought that he would give it away with his big huge grin when he went to get them.

*From the day that we found out we were having a boy*
And we of course did our registry the weekend after we found out. Michael and I met my mom, nana and sister at BabiesRUs on 290 and made a day of it. Oh and we had a blowout on the buggy tire...seriously. We had lots of stuff for our sweet baby boy! It was so much fun!

I had a pretty smooth pregnancy. I did have to have more ultrasounds than usual because I was diagnosed with placenta previa. It's where the placenta doesn't move away from the cervix, which could cause trauma during delivery. My doctor from the beginning wasn't really concerned about me delivering naturally but was more concern on the amount of blood I would lose. As my due date came(and actually PASSED!) she said that she wanted me to try and if she saw problems they would be ready for a c-section.
*One of the many other ultrasounds we got to have*


I had an appointment that day of my due date, September 8th and I wasn't dilated or showing any signs of going into labor anytime soon...it was a really big disappointed especially since my sister had moved to Georgia the month before and was on her way to Texas to be here for the birth of her first nephew. Oh, I was so upset, cried and cried and cried.

 At my appointment we scheduled for me to be induce on the evening of the 15th and the doctor said it would take at least 24 hours before he would be born. I was NOT happy about that number; but we went with it and we told his family and some of mine not to come until we called because it would  be a long process. Of course, my mom came the night of my induction and stayed the night; so she could be here for support. I needed my husband and my mom with me. No matter what. : )

Tomorrow's blog will be the Delivery & the first month of our little boy! <3







No comments:

Post a Comment