Friday, November 18, 2011

Guilt

Everyone has bad days -- it's a given -- every human has at least one bad day in a given time. It being due to their job, their kids not wanting to get up in the morning - which makes them late for work, spilling their coffee, or forgetting their lunch....but none of that compares to why today is a bad day for me ---- every year. Some "bad days" are unpredictable until you start the day off, but I know today on 11/18 of every year will be a bad day for me. I know the day before, I know two weeks before, I know that when this day comes around...I will have a bad day. Today brings memories with it every year....it brings tears every year. I dread this day every year -- even though it's my amazing Nana's birthday...I dread this day. My bad day isn't like anyone else's so called "bad day" -- my brings more than disagreeing with a co-worker, or having to drag your child out the door & throw them into class, stained pants, or hunger pains -- my "bad day" brings much much more.

Today marks a tradegy. A tradegy that I wish I could stop from happening this day 6 years ago. A tradegy that has changed and impacted so many lives - it's unbelievable. This day 6 days ago God took another Angel -- but he also took someone's son, a friend to so many, a brother, the "class clown." Today doesn't get easier...I was told it would -- but it doesn't. Today comes with the sounds of tires screeching, yelling/screaming, horns honking, sirens...it also comes with tears, crying, sadness, silence....and guilt. Yes, I said it -- it comes with guilt. I dread this day....but in reality I should be counting my blessings, and believe me I do -- but I also have guilt. I know there was nothing I could have done to change the outcome, God had the plan -- but I'm also human. We feel guilt.

Today is always rough, but never ever forgotten.

<3 RIP Dan Domas <3
4/5/1986-11/18/2005

No comments:

Post a Comment