Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day

Oh Mother's Day -- how excited I was/am about Mother's Day. Especially now that I'm a mother myself. It was a great day/weekend. Michael's new schedule basically sucks. He works every Sunday now, which makes family trips to visit family nearly impossible. We decided that Saturday will be a day for Mommy..ME and then on Sunday, since Michael works I would meet my mom for Mother's Day. I was really excited about Saturday and it turned out to be so much better than I expected it would be.


Getting a feel for the water

Checking out his new floatie

Hanging out with Daddy
 We went swimming, Jeremiah's first time swimming and like I thought he would...he absolutely LOVED it. He kicked his little legs like crazy and squealed randomly. It was way too adorable. We only stayed for maybe a whole 20 minutes, because we went right when Jeremiah would usually have taken a nap and then the wind got crazy and we realized it was really close to feeding time. He would have stayed out there longer if he wasn't starving..or so he thought. Jeremiah and Michael both got me Mother's Day cards that were pretty sweet. Michael helped Jeremiah write a sweet note on my card and there were scribbles everywhere. It was sooo adorable and I absolutely loved it. We got ready... and off to Texas Roadhouse. I love Texas Roadhouse. Who doesn't? Jeremiah got to suck on his first piece of steak...and of course, LOVED it. After dinner, we rented some movies and watched one in bed after we got Jeremiah to sleep. It was a perfect day with my most perfect family.

While starring at Jeremiah at some point of the day on Saturday, I had to chuckle because I started thinking about the day I was being induced and how our day got started. It will be a day that I will never forget and hopefully Jeremiah will think it's hilarious when he gets older and we're able to tell him. I took official maternity leave the Friday after my due date. I was being induced the Wednesday after my due date, the 15th -- so I thought that that would give me Monday & Tuesday to get the house ready for visitors and most importantly Jeremiah. <3 Wednesday started out like every other normal day of the week, well...before Jeremiah made his appearance....I slept in. Michael went to work like normal that morning at 6:00 and kissed me goodbye while whispering in my ear,"I love you and we're going to have a baby!" I'm pretty sure if I was awake and alert..I would have had a smarta$$ remark to say back...but since I'm not a morning person...I said, "I love you too." Well, my phone rang at about 715, which NEVER happens -- looked at it and it was Michael. *Still asleep, mind you!* I answered and said, "okay. okay. let me know what happens." Hung up and laid there for a minute....until it hit me that my husband just called me and told me that he did something to his arm, he moved it and heard a huge snap and can't move it anymore and he's going to ER to have it checked out. Yep, my husband hurt his arm on the day of my induction and I totally just answered, "okay!" Whaaattt?? So I called him back, and said, "waait, you did what? And you're going where? Do you need me to pick you up?" Michael started laughing and said, "I knew you didn't comprehend what I was telling you." Hmph, you're right I wasn't...but I'm wide awake now. : )

Pregnant with Jeremiah Mother's Day '10

Enjoying my baby Mother's Day '11

Love my boys with all of my heart. I'm blessed to be the mommy of such a perfect baby boy and to be the wife of an amazing man.



No comments:

Post a Comment