Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Sweetest Lady

This morning I went into my son's room while he was playing. I laid on my tummy beside him; he got up and laid the same way in front of me watching me play with one of his toys with the biggest smile on his face -- I smiled, and then tears came down. My Mimi has been heavy on my heart lately. I miss that lady so much and the fact that my son won't get to meet her and know how amazing she was hurts. I know she would have fallen in love with him as we all did. I would have LOVED to see her with my baby boy. I'm not saying he doesn't have amazing people already that make a point to be in his life on a daily or weekly basis, but there was something special about my Mimi. She NEVER saw the bad in people. She always had a positive perspective in every situation. Miranda Lambert's new song "Over You" is a perfect way to describe it.



I loved going to visit her in her home in San Antonio. I believe that's why I love the city so much. So many great memories there with my Mimi. I'm blessed to have had her in my life and you better believe she will be in my son's life. I miss her terribly, but know she's in a better place now.

I miss you Mimi....I love you. I'll see you again one day - until then watch over us!


No comments:

Post a Comment